Saturday, March 27, 2010

Physiological Funk

My friends and family know I mean well and truly try to be a good person. At least, the people who really know me. But sometimes, I just feel so bad. Do you? Matter of fact, I feel so out of control and so tired of people telling me to just "pull myself up by my bootstraps" that I could spit. Alas, I'm a terrible spitter. Is that a word? Well, you know what I mean. Some people spit and it just shoots with power. I'm lucky to keep it off my chin... Oh. Gettin off track here.

The point I wanted to make is that sometimes we... no. I'm going to simply ask you a question. If someone ... let's say a Christian ... were comatose in the hospital, would you expect them to be an amazing example of Gods reflective love and grace? Perhaps you would think it their duty to encourage and build up all the people around them by sharing God's love in the way God would want them to? But, how can they do that when they are comatose? Perhaps they are in an isolation unit hooked up to IV's hanging on to their very life? Would you have the same expectation of that person as you would of, say, a healthy Christian?

The answer is obvious. Of course not. So, why is it that we have expectations of ourselves or other people that are unhealthy in a way we can't see? It's because we can't see it. But God does. That's why I keep talking about the fact that I am so glad God knows me. He knows when I'm "faking it". He knows if I'm "making excuses" as I procrastinate. But He also knows my heart and if I am sincerely having a difficult time. He understands functions of my body that I don't know about. Hey, He created me, why shouldn't He understand?

I've heard it said that emotional abuse is more potentially damaging simply because the abused person is filled with unseen, hidden wounds. But again, God knows that as well. If you allow God into your life, He will welcome you in turn. His healing of your wounds - seen or unseen - will take place.

Maybe you haven't experienced past or present emotional abuse, but you have or are dealing with unseen physiological factors that are messing with you. Believe me, we know when we are simply making excuses, procrastinating, being selfish,etc. Sometimes, though, there seems to be some other problem that doesn't easily fit into our guilty explanations. If that is the case. Don't worry. God knows.

You may, like me, at times feel a physiological funk. But something that is easy to do is to think that you're stuck without any chance for a "normal" life. Please, hang with me... I understand that thinking - but so does Satan...and he'll take full advantage of it. He has no problem adding fuel to the fire!

Next post I want to tell you about an amazing Christian. He's been a huge encouragement to me.

Hope it will encourage you as well!

1 comment:

redshift said...

Wow...Shay....,it's like your a prophetess. The past month, for me, has not been the best in my life' physically. In fact, I've seen more doctors in the past 8 months than I have seen my entire life, but you hit a cord with the comatose comment.

When it comes to glorifying God, no matter what, sometimes I feel that I have been comatose, even though I'm fully awake and cognizant. May God help me to praise Him, in my infirmity.

Hope all is well with you, Shay, and I am praying for you.

Thanks.