Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wounded Warrior

Sigh...those two words, "Wounded Warrior", keep coming to my mind. I don't know about you, but oftentimes things come to my mind that I don't understand. Thoughts swirl around without any apparent direction. So. When they persist and I'm trying to "figure them out", I have to first isolate them. The words "wounded" and "warrior" must be separated temporarily, in order for me to understand. Okay. Let's start with "warrior". What is a warrior? (Hey, you guys, I'm going to give you my eventual thoughts... but I would really like yours as well). What do you think of when you think of a warrior? I think of someone who persists. Is loyal. Is determined. A fighter. The largest battle takes place in the mind, and the true warrior knows that. A warrior has a heart of gold. They fight for what they think is right. A deep love underscores everything they do. They are thoughtful- and mindful of those thoughts.

It occurs to me that there are two types of "Wounded Warriors". Warriors who are willingly wounded for the sake of those they love, and warriors who are wounded by those they love, whether it be individuals or organizations that exists of people. Hmmm...definitely food for thought. Think I'll chew on it awhile and get back to you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the worst wound you can inflict upon a warrior is what he receives in the back from the ones he fights for--his church, his pastor, his brothers and sisters in Christ or perhaps his biological family. These wounds go deep and are hardest to heal. Jesus knows that kind of pain.

redshift said...

Welcome back, Shay, and it's great reading Mike's blog too!
When I think of a wounded warrior the apostle Paul comes to mind. His was a thorn in the flesh, and yet whether the wound be physical or mental, Satan is the author of most pain.
But I agree with michael....wounds caused by the family and friends are the deepest, and the hardest to deal with. Thank God for the power of prayer.