Monday, November 15, 2010

A Bad Ending Can Signal a Good Beginning...

Why do I get so upset when I think something has come to an end? I do. I cry. I mourn the loss of something I saw as a good thing...and I hate it. But, how many times does the end of something simply signal the beginning of something new? Does that happen? Well...

War ends and a new culture emerges. A caterpillars life ends but a butterfly takes wing. A good book ends...but the resulting inspiration leaves you feeling good. Wasn't a good book? Good thing it came to an end. There are many examples of how an end can be a good thing. When I've got on my negative cap,though, I forget that the "end" might result in something good.

True, there are tons of times when ends aren't at all welcome. Sometimes they are a real bummer, to say the least. The end of a good job comes to mind. How can that be a good thing? The end of my ability to wear small clothes. Uh, I'm not liking that either. The end of a favorite pets life? The end of a persons life who you really loved. How can those be good things?

My answer. The end of something good isn't always a good thing. That's why I, as a Christian, love the verse "For God causes all things to work together for good...for those who love Him and are called according to His Purpose". Romans 8:28 It's the verse I hold onto when things are looking bad.

With God at the helm, even ...

A bad ending can signal a good beginning.

2 comments:

redshift said...

I have a confession to make. Lately I've been reading the side bar stuff before your daily thoughts. But it's your fault. You make them too dang entertaining!
You know I'm kidding, but the side stuff is very good. GOOD JOB!
As far as your thoughts for this day...I've found that the older you get, the more stuff seems to end. (Not that your old!)
My mom died, for example, ending one life, but then she started another.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like the side bar stuff. I want there to be a variety of stuff that people can enjoy or learn from.