Monday, January 10, 2011

Fire Escape!

Nobody likes fires...at least not when it is destructive. We definitely don't want a fire to come near us and burn us. As a matter of fact, death by fire has to be in the top ten list of ways we don't want to die. If you were caught in a building that was on fire, I'm guessing you would be headed for the nearest fire escape.

Actually, there are two fires we want to escape. I will talk more about one of them tomorrow, but today what I'm thinking of is one that most people do not like to talk about. I don't blame them. I personally hate the subject. But it's reality.

I'm speaking of Hell. Most people avoid that topic like the plague...unless, of course, they are in swearing mode. Unfortunately, though most of us recoil from even thinking about it, that Abyss is a place of torment that has been likened to fire and brimstone. It exists whether we like it or not. We cannot wish it away.

Some people feel better about it if they say that Hell is simply where God is not. The main problem I see with that thinking is that it almost makes it sound inviting...if you don't want God in your life anyway. I am certain God would not want us to fall victim to a type of thought world that would deceive us into thinking that Hell is "not so bad".

If you know how to escape that fiery torment, it is because you know that Jesus is the only one who can save you from that Fire and you have asked Him into your life. You could say He acts as the ultimate...

Fire Escape!

No comments: