Monday, August 3, 2015

A Candle in a Very Dark World.

We all have our ups and downs, right?  When I am "down" I want to know about other people's "downs".  I suppose I just don't want to feel like I'm "the only one".  

Have you ever been there?  Surely, you have.  Hasn't everyone?

Who do you think this is?  

*He failed in business.
He was defeated in legislature.
*He again failed in business.
He was elected to the legislature.
His wife-to-be died.
He had a nervous breakdown.
He was defeated for Speaker of the House.
He was defeated for Elector.
A son died.
He was defeated for the Senate.
He was defeated for Vice-President.
He was defeated for the Senate.
This man, Abraham Lincoln, was elected President.

A failure? He may have thought so at one time.  But, in reality...he was a candle in a very dark world. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is it's great to have you back! Missed you much. Great post as well.

Later,

Redshift (Larry)