Thursday, March 11, 2010

"F-Stop"

Okay, I have no problem telling you that I decided to call my photographer friend to pick his brain about photography terminology as it relates to focusing. He is the one who told me about the "F-Stop". Wanna know what it is? Come on, you know you do!

The F-Stop actually determines the amount of area in focus. The larger the hole in the lens, the less area in focus. The smaller the hole, the greater the focus. Reminds me of a laser beam...light that is so focused that the intensity of it is piercing!

How about your "F-Stop"? Are you so open to the world around you that you are allowing anything and everything to take precedent in your life - resulting on a blurry focus?

Don't get weird on me. The analogy may not be perfect...but you get the idea. Our focus is important.

More later...

2 comments:

redshift said...

You know, it's weird how sometimes you have to sharpen your focus as events unfold in our lives.

Mostly, for me, I have always liked things out of focus, warm and fuzzy....comfortable.

Ever try to look someone, or something right in the eye, and see it clearly for what it really is?

Never comfortable.

Anonymous said...

I remember when I first wore glasses. As a young girl, I remember wearing them for the first time. I saw the trees on top of the mountain. It was amazing as I never knew they were there. I also saw every blade of grass. It was as pretty. Sharp as opposed to soft... I didn't like it - but it was reality. Reality may not always be as pleasant appearing as we would like - but at least if we see it clearly we will be able to respond more effectively.