Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spin City

Last post, we talked about focus. We came to the realization of just how important our focus really is. But I have a question. Let's just say we know what we want our focus to be. Okay. You with me? Now. Why is it so hard for us to stay focused?

Frankly, I think there is more than one reason. Well, of course there is...but one specific reason came to me last night when I imagined myself being spun around in circles... you know, like when we were kids. Or maybe going round and round on the merry-go-round. Perhaps you used to twirl as fast as you could until you got so dizzy you fell down! You know what I'm talking about.

The point is, the world around you was spinning so much that you couldn't focus on anything for any length of time. You couldn't "view" anything clearly.

I don't twirl around anymore, nor does anybody spin me... but my world, nevertheless, often spins around me so rapidly that I loose focus. For that matter, oftentimes I am so busy trying to keep from falling, that I don't even think about focus.

Not good. So how do we keep from spinning out of control? I'm thinking the first think we need to do is to identify the spin!

What is causing it? Where is it coming from? Can I stop it?

Why is it that I feel like I live in "Spin City"?

No comments: