Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ready...Set...STOP!

You know, we are so used to the "ready...set...go" thinking, that it oftentimes doesn't occur to us to stop and be still. Interestingly enough, that is what God told us to do in the Bible.
"Be still and know that I am God".

What things in our lives are causing the spinning in the first place? Is there more than one thing? Can we stop it right away or will it take a while? Questions beget more questions. I'm starting to feel like a child, here. Maybe that's a good thing.

Anyway. Spinning. What causes it? I would think any number of things would. That is for us to determine individually for ourselves. Distractions insert themselves into all our lives...resulting in a spinning that can leave us dizzy. Sound familiar? Ever had a distraction keep you from your focus?

There is more about focus that I want to hone in on, but for now...

I'll refrain from distracting you from thinking about the things that can distract you!

1 comment:

redshift said...

Maybe that's the reason God is laying me up for all these weeks....so that I will shut-up and listen to Him for a change. Maybe even try to focus on what's important.

Great insight, Shay.....Your comments have been helpful to me.

Thanks.