Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Inward Distraction

Last time we talked about distractions and hopefully we all thought about things that can and do distract us. But, keep in mind that distractions are not always outward. Oftentimes they are inward.

Example: Me. I have to go to a doctors appointment to see about my thyroid. A thyroid problem can have a myriad of symptoms including: difficulty loosing weight, no difficulty loosing hair, awful depression and much more. Alas, when most people have their thyroid checked, the doctor will tell them they are "normal". What most people aren't aware of is the fact that the "normal" range was changed in 2004, but it can take up to 17 years before the change is recognized by all doctors. So. I'm going to see if the doctor I am scheduled to see is on the "cutting edge". Fast forward to after my doctors visit.

He seems like a good doctor. I made an appt. for later in the month. Yeah!

The point is, sometimes we have internal issues that really do prevent us from looking at the world very clearly. If that is the case in your life - as it is in mine - then, do something about it. Please. Hey, I don't have money, insurance and can give you even more reasons why "it simply won't work for me". You could do the same. But, let's try to do what we can and stop whining. It may take much longer than we'd like, but it's the only feasible option I can think of.

Sometimes internal turmoil is the worst "distraction" of all, but we need to stop the emotional roller coaster ride that we may be on. A little easier said than done, huh? Believe me, I can relate.

Hang in there, don't give up... you'll find the answer. So will I.

No comments: