Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Inception of Deception

When Warren Wiersbe said the penalty for rejecting truth is accepting lies, I knew in my heart of hearts that it was true. Think about it. Most of us don't blatantly lie on a regular basis. Why,I would hope we don't lie at all! But we do. All the time.
"No! Not me", you say! Well, I have news for you.

The beginning of deception begins inside your head. My head. Little voices inside our braincase's insist that we are either stupid, or failures, or unlovable, or unacceptable in some fashion or another. Perhaps all of the above. The list of negative things we tell ourselves and believe is endless. Day after day, week after week, year after year... we accept those lies because we reject the truth.

I realize that this may be old to some of you, but it is good for all of us to remember... Ephesians 6:10-17. Verse 14 specifically speaks of the importance of putting onto ourselves - the belt of truth. In other words, to clothe ourselves in truth is one of the incredibly important ways we need to prepare ourselves for battle in this spiritual world we live in.

Deception leads to despair which leads to destruction and eventually a type of death.

I don't recommend it.


"THE PENALTY FOR REJECTING TRUTH IS ACCEPTING LIES." - WARREN WIERSBE

No comments: