Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pure Reality

Several years ago, a friend asked me if I believed in the existence of the spiritual world. My answer... a resounding, yes. But oftentimes people think that something that "looks" good is "truth". Yeah right, that's like saying that all sweets are super healthy for you. Sigh... Remember Satan? He was actually referred to as the "Angel of Light... the most beautiful of all angels". Now, he is called the Father of Lies.. Let me ask you something. In all honesty, do you really think the master of deception is going to be obvious?

Seriously. Think about it. Please don't tell me you've fallen for the red demon in tights with the spiked tail and pitchfork! That's no master of deception. That's a Halloween costume!

Are you interested in a feel-good reality of your making... or the real thing? My husband calls it - Pure Reality. I like that expression. Pure reality implies not only what we can see but what we can't see as well. It really isn't difficult to imagine. I mean, there are good people and there are bad people. There are "good" spirits and there are "bad" spirits. Some people by appearances seem to be good, but are actually quite deceptive. Same goes with anything in the spiritual world. It really isn't the far-fetched thing that people imagine. Pure reality is all-encompassing.

The best book I ever read about the reality of spiritual warfare, happens to be a very fast-paced fiction book, "This Present Darkness", by Frank Peretti. I highly recommend reading it, if you haven't already... or read it again!

Refusing to acknowledge reality, pure reality, won't make it go away.

No comments: