Sunday, March 21, 2010

Give and Take...

I'll bet you are aware of a lot of things you do that gives a "foothold" to evil. But are you aware that when Satan takes advantage of those things - he isn't just hurting you, he's hurting people around you as well? In our minds, we think things like, "yeah, I know I shouldn't do such and such a thing, I know it'll only hurt me... but I'm willing to be hurt".

You are willing to be hurt... but are you aware of the fact that you are hurting others as well? Yeah, well, like it or not... you are. Hey, I hate it when my husband reminds me that life isn't all about me. How dare he talk to me like that? Doesn't he know how much it hurts? Uh, yeah. He knows. He also knows that if I am like him or any other human being it is likely that I have forgotten that the world around me is impacted by my actions. The world around you is impacted by your actions as well! You don't act? Well, inaction is only another type of action.

Every time you give a foothold to Satan, he gains more ground. Our denial of spiritual warfare does not negate the fact that we are at war... it simply allows Satan to enlarge his territory as he takes yet more ground. Do you really want to be a part of that? (Ephesians 4:27)

I'm not trying to make you feel bad ... or myself, for that matter. But reality needs to be confronted... preferably with our eyes open!

If you give ground, believe me, Satan will take it! It's a give and take relationship that we oftentimes aren't even aware of.

Tomorrow, I will remind us all of the things we do that give Satan that sometimes very tiny foothold that he needs to thrust onward.

Until then...

No comments: