Monday, March 22, 2010

Small, Medium or Large?

Like I said yesterday, Satan, like a skilled mountaineer, is very observant and able to take advantage of the "smallest" foothold. He will use it to thrust himself forward and enlarge his territory. Your life as well as others will be impacted very negatively. So, what are some examples of what I'm talking about? Glad you asked!
My pastor, Bryan Stupar, at Calvary SLO actually covered this last Sunday. In short, he listed several things:

Bitterness - every felt that before?
Jealousy - you would never envy the fact that someone else has what you want, right?
Selfish Ambition - What are your priorities in life? Does ambition take precedence over those you love? Do you excuse yourself by telling yourself that you are doing it for them?
Drunkenness - Just trying to take the edge off? Is it really helping?
Idleness, Gossip, Busy-bodying - you have no idea how much you hurt others when you partake in any of that. My life was just recently turned upside down because of other peoples gossip. Wasn't pretty.
Lies - I'm absolutely amazed at all the people that honestly don't understand how dangerous lies are! Keep in mind that Satan is the Father of Lies. Who's your daddy?
Idolatry - do you let material possessions consume you? Seriously. Think about it.

These are just a few "footholds" that are more potentially dangerous than you can imagine...Small, Medium and Large. They will hurt you... but they will hurt others as well. Look at our nation. The impact of both action and inaction has done damage that our forefathers would be shocked to see!

But am I here to berate us all for our past mistakes? No. Franky, I couldn't handle it... I need encouragement, and I'm assuming you could use some as well!

Tomorrow: Some words of encouragement!

My favorite verse: Romans 8:28

1 comment:

redshift said...

Everybody should be able to relate to this blog. I certainly can. On Thursday, I will be undergoing yet another "procedure". At times I tend to feel sorry for myself....Yet one more foothold of Satan.

To "give it all to God" is easier said than done...at least for me. It's soooo much easier to give in to selfish whims.

Thank God for the ability to go to Him in prayer. I know that helps me alot, especially during to "fuzzy" times.