Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where to start?

I've needed encouragement my whole life. Needed love demonstrated to me. But how can we show love, if we've never known it ourselves? Is playing the blame game going to solve anything? Psychiatrist and psychologist can potentially be very helpful under some circumstances... but the only One who can truly love us is the author of love itself: God.

We spoke about the footholds that Satan, "The Father of Lies", uses... but now we're going to talk about God... the Father of Everything.
I want to start off with the reminder that God is not Satan's evil twin. He is not the "opposite" of Satan. God actually created him. Remember, Satan was once a beautiful angel whose pride catapulted him from God's home, Heaven. He is simply a created being. God, on the other hand, is the creator and author of all things. Period. Let's see now, who do you propose we worship... the Creator or what He created? I'm going for the Creator of all things.

Now I could go on and on about all God's attributes... but for today, I want to focus on one thing: He loves us... and therefore knows best how to work in our lives. He knows how to love and encourage us like no other.

When you become His child, He works in you and uses you as one of the supreme ways He works for good in other peoples lives. When you encourage someone, it gives them hope. When you encourage someone, for one brief period of time, you stop thinking about yourself and all your problems and your focus is outside of yourself. Not only do others benefit, but you do as well...without even realizing it.

Hey, I'll tell you something I did when I was feeling exceptionally down.

Tomorrow.

No comments: