Wednesday, March 3, 2010

From the Inside Out...

Several months ago I was in a clothing store and noticed some shirts on the rack that were inside out. Being the orderly person that I am, I dutifully began to correct the situation. But of course if you are fashion savvy you will know that there was nothing wrong with those shirts. That is how they were created...with the seams on the outside to give the new "inside out" look.

Okay. First we put holes in our jeans, then they are made to look dirty... now we have inside out shirts. Is there some kind of special meaning behind all this?

Uh. I don't think so. But I will say that the "inside out" shirts do remind me of something that is actually very important.

Over the past couple of months, Mike and I have been looking for a good church. It was surprisingly difficult to find. So many places tell you how to be a good Christian, but I wanted something more. I already know how I am supposed to be. The church I was looking for was one that understood that though we may try to be good for a while, it won't last forever. Now I realize that may not fit with the "just think positive" mode of thinking that is so prevalent today. It may very well be that some people will, at this point, decide that my thoughts are not on the right plane. Hold on.

The reality is, life isn't always easy. No amount of positive thinking is going to permanently solve that nasty little problem. But I know someone on the inside who can work everything - even the bad things - out.

It's true. Some of you know what I'm talking about. Others don't. Regardless, we all need a reminder at the very least.

Remind me to remind you and myself...tomorrow.

1 comment:

redshift said...

That was a great comment. Recently, I had some of my insides taken out. YUK! But sometimes it has to happen.

Although most of us rarely leave ourselves "transparent" to others, thank God that all of us are completely transparent to Him. Sure sometimes that can be scary but it's nice to know that HE cares no matter what.