Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inside Man -vs- Emotional Slam

I'm sure you've come to the realization that God Himself is the "Inside Man". Sigh... how does He deal with us? I tell you, sometimes I just can't stand myself. More to the point, my emotions. I mean, don't you ever wish you had a button you could turn off for a few minutes? Good grief, I get slammed with an emotional onslaught daily! Hourly! Okay ... more like an ongoing thing. From the time I wake up until the time I fall asleep, distractions feed my emotions and I loose sight of the world the way God sees it. I don't want to be that way. Really. So why did I spout all this stuff? Because it's the truth. When I talk about it,though, it helps me sort things out.

I realize that God created us and understands us from the inside-out. He understands me. He understands all His children. Why shouldn't he? He created us, after all. He knows everything about me. About you. I remember when I didn't like that thought. For some reason I thought I could hide from Him. I wanted to hide from Him. Not any more. Now I'm incredibly grateful that He knows everything about me. That means He knows why I am the way I am. He knows things about me that I don't know about myself. Think about it. He knows and understands every hurt, every pain.
Because He knows us so well, He knows exactly what circumstances to allow to make us the people He knows we want to be.

He is willing to be our "Inside Man" in spite of the emotional slam that threatens to consume us at times.

Thank God!

1 comment:

redshift said...

It's interesting that you brought up the fact that God allows certain circumstances to come into our lives, whether we like it or not, for our own good.

I happen to be stuck home for the next 4 weeks recovering from surgery. Now I have the time to reflect on my own relationship with God. YIKES!