Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Whiner Diner

Yeah, I confess. Sometimes I would just like to go someplace and eat and eat. Comfort food. I would call the restaurant the "Whiner Diner". The only problem is that nobody really wants to listen to you whine. Sigh. I know it doesn't do any good to complain. Does anybody out there ever feel like me? I mean, I know I could talk to God... but sometimes I want to talk to someone with skin. Someone I can see. I hate constantly telling my woes to my husband... and I'm sure he hates hearing my sad stories. Hey, I'm just a little tired of it myself. So. Since there is nobody to talk to, I'll talk to this blog.

Well, I've had "frozen shoulder" for about 6 months now. It's painful, the mobility of my arm has decreased greatly, I've been told it could take up to 3 years to "get better". Sigh... exercise might speed up the healing process... but I'm getting so tired of having to be self-disciplined constantly. What else? Oh. I just got a poison oak rash. I'm very allergic to it. Simple things never help, which is why I stopped all hiking about 15 years ago. The smoke from a campfire will carry with it the fumes of poison oak and it's all over for me. Finally, after 15 years I had the audacity to go camping for one day and night... and now I have poison oak. What else? Well, my neck is constantly hurting. I keep loosing hair (I'm feeling like a dog with a major shedding problem), I gained 26 pounds in 3 months and can't seem to loose it... in spite of the fact that I eat meager meals. (Please don't tell me to eat lots of small meals. I know that.) Consequently, I can only fit into one pair of jeans now - and they are uncomfortably tight. Whine, whine, whine. Those are just at the forefront of my mind at the moment. The skin cancer on my face was removed almost two years ago... with the exception of continual scar tissue that decided to take up permanent residence of the left side of my face. Joy.

Alas, I think I should close the "Whiner Diner"...not for lack of business, as I'm sure many people would come... at least once. They may not want to come back, however, since the thing that most people want would be missing. What is that? People who would listen. Compassionate people who care about others more than themselves.

Hmmm... maybe you and I should become one of those people? What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual, your concluding thoughts always leave me thinking and challenged without feeling preached at.

redshift said...

Find a nice lake far away from everything...and I mean everything (especially poison oak), and either fish and read, or read and fish. I know that God made fish. Sometimes He makes books too.