Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pricey Perspective...

Who ever heard of a "pricey perspective?" What's that supposed to mean, anyway? Well... think about it. I bet you'll come to the same realization that I did. I mean, we all have different perspectives. Different ways of looking at things, right? Unfortunately, many times our perspective or view of a situation can be faulty... and therefore "pricey", because it cost us our peace of mind, if nothing else. So what are the reasons we have different perspectives?

I'll share a few ideas I thought of, but I welcome your thoughts. I am, after all, just one person.

First of all, I (for example) don't have just one perspective. I have many different perspectives at different times, for different reasons. So what are they?

1) Personality type. Okay, that's a big one. Like it or not, we are all very unique. There are various ways of "branding" personalities, but my favorites are... well, how about if I talk about that in another blog? For now, we will just acknowledge that we have different personalities that come into play when we view situations.

2) Circumstances. Don't tell me that doesn't affect your perspective! (Ex: Got up on the wrong side of the bed; got a bonus at work; somebody complimented and encouraged you;etc.etc.)

3) Physical Problems. You're sick...as in ill. Maybe it's "that time of the month". Perhaps you have PMS (Hormone fluctuations), maybe you have chemical imbalances that the doctor has diagnosed. The list goes on...

4) Faith. When you believe in Christ and He accepts you into His family (and He accepts anyone who asks) your perspective changes when your focus stays on Christ. It makes a world of difference. What was horrible can become bearable and even good when we refocus our perspective and remember God's perspective. "And He causes all things to work together for good, for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

We all have perspectives, but they don't have to be pricey!

No comments: