Saturday, November 13, 2010

Are You Convinced...or Excited???

Wow. Earlier, I was talking to my daughter, Cari, and she told me something that I thought was so insightful that I asked her if I could share it with you. Being who she is, she gave me the green light.

You know how you hear things sometimes that are, like... whatever. Other times you hear something that really rings true and "resonates" with you? This was one of those times for me.

Well, it's like this. I've been walking with the Lord for almost 34 years. Why so long? Because I was convinced that Christianity was true. I'll tell you more about that another time, but for now I want to relay a story.

"Katy" told "Suzanne" about a product she was excited about. After listening to Katy for a period of time, Suzanne eventually told Katy that she was convinced that the product was a good one. She probably thought Katy would be pleased with her answer... but instead, Katy said "What? I don't want you to be convinced... I want you to be excited!"

That's an excellent distinction that Katy made. When Cari relayed that message to me, it hit me like a ton on bricks. Wow! In regards to my Christianity, I have been someone who is absolutely convinced that it is true. I'm so convinced that I'm willing to be rejected over it. And that, for me, is huge. Seriously, huge. So... I am convinced. But am I excited? I'll ask you the same question:

Are You Convinced...or Excited?

No comments: