Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Because of Christmas, We Have a Home!

This past weekend, everywhere I went I kept hearing one song over and over again..."I'll Be Home for Christmas". We all love the sweet aroma of a love-filled home. Whether that was a reality in our lives or not makes no difference. A good home is a good home and much to be desired.

In addition to mine and my husbands two girls, my husbands son and daughter from his first marriage visited us every other weekend. When they were young they had a good home with us. That didn't change...but we also let other adults stay with us from time to time who seemed to need help. Over time, after we witnessed the destruction these people brought into our lives, we finally realized that we needed to protect our home for our children's sake. They had been hurt because of the people we were trying to help. It was time for us to provide a safe haven for our little family.

We still cared for other people...we just had to care for them on different terms. It's difficult to do that, sometimes. But our children were able to finally grow up in an environment free from behavior that brought with it bad consequences.

God loves His children. I'm grateful that when I leave this world one day, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I will go...Home. God provided a place for me that is free from corruption, free from sin. Heaven.

He didn't just provide that for me...His Son, Jesus, was sent to this world to take the punishment that we deserve. God is loving, but He is also Just. Only Jesus had the ability to take on the punishment for our sins, and God knew that. So God did what no man could ever do. He sent His Son...His only Son...to this world. Jesus was born to die. For me. For you. Christmas is a celebration of His birth into this world.

His death is meaningful for anyone...absolutely anyone...who asks Jesus into their lives. And now...

Because of Christmas, We Have a Home!

No comments: