Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Spiritual Catalyst

So, yesterday I asked if God cared about our despair. Well, obviously He does. You and I know that...but it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes. I mean, some days I'm fine when it comes to being able to control my out of control emotions. Other days, well, I feel like my feelings have been taken over be an evil dictator! Can you relate?

Why do I say this? Because I wanted you to know just how scared I get. How anxious I get. I know me. I know what I would have done in the past under the circumstances that we find ourselves in right now. I would have freaked out. But shear fear has driven me to desperately remind myself of God and His promises.

Good or bad, desperation can drive us to do things that we normally wouldn't do. For me, even though I've been aware of verses like Be anxious for nothing... and He causes ALL things to work together for good for those who love Him...this is the first time that I have clung to those promises in desperation. But when I did that I discovered that the panicky feeling I was feeling began to subside.

Christians all over the world throughout time and cultures, have thrived more when in the midst of suffering and persecution than any other circumstance. The agonizing grief they experience actually becomes a catalyst for spiritual growth. I know it isn't the desire of their hearts to have to deal with turmoil. But I truly believe that it's because in desperation they cried out to God and clung with tenacity to His promises. I never thought that desperation could actually become...

A Spiritual Catalyst.

No comments: