Friday, January 28, 2011

Walk Talk !

You know how there are people that talk the talk but don't walk the walk? We've all visited that place from time to time.

But doesn't it feel great when we put feet to our words?! I call it:

Walk Talk!

Okay, this is pretty exciting!

Remember a few posts ago, we talked about being a Do It Church?

Count...Then Prepare for WAR, is a post that might refresh your memory.

Count stands for ... Count. How's that for clever? WAR stands for Walk, Ask, Respond.

I told you I would give a little description or example, of each category.

"W" WALK. Actually walk to one of those places...one of the places that you prayed about. A location that resonates in your heart. Contact them. Go there. You can do it!

"A" ASK. Ask yourself, then ask them... "How can I help?" For example, if you used to frequent bars and people know you...assuming alcohol won't be a stumbling block for you...you can actually talk to the person in charge of the bar and ASK them if they would like to take your name and number as a person who would be willing to be a "designated driver" for someone who can't get home by themselves. How is that ministry? Let me tell you something. You never know how you are going to affect someone. You could have had a very positive influence on the bar tender. You just got to know a hurting person that needs your prayer. Don't worry about it. Just put yourself out there. Let God do the inner work.

"R" RESPOND. When you do respond...remember to respond in love. Also keep in mind that when you respond to someone, the Holy Spirit is the one who will actually work through you, and oftentimes it will be you who gets ministered to.

So what's my next step? Boy, I like you guys. You really help me. I have to be accountable when I tell you I'm going to do something. I've already shared with you the different places I counted. I will report to you Monday about the results of my next experience. The Big "W". Aarrgghh!!!

It's time to let my walking do the talking and initialize:

Walk Talk!

4 comments:

Clint said...

I'm really impressed with your sentiments. This is exactly what we all should be doing on a routine basis. Of course, it means getting out of that comfy rut we call a "comfort zone". I'm proud of ya!

Clint said...

Oh, and BTW---I have to admit to you that I have stolen some of your witticisms for my Facebook page!

Sharon said...

I've been doing the talking, now I'm learning the walking. Thanks for the encouragement, and the push out the door!!

GOD BLESS!

lioneagle said...

Hi Shays-

Thank you for this precious and potent piece.

Truly, when we DO the Word of GOD, He is delighted.

We cannot possess GOD's anointing and power if we don't DO His WORD.

Father, please help us all!