Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brace For Impact!

Okay, fine. I said earlier that I would share with you something in my life that had an impact on someone ... which, by the way, was very unexpected. Wow. Okay, here goes.
Folks, sometimes it isn't what we do - it's what we don't do! Here I am, going along in my life thinking that nobody really gives a rip about me, nobody cares, nobody notices. Thoughts sound vaguely familiar? I thought so. With that in mind, I didn't acknowledge certain people in my profile that I really do care about. I actually have some friends and family that have been wonderful in my life. But, for example, when writing in my profiles "about me" section, I didn't include everybody... it hurt some peoples feelings. I felt terrible, so I included them. Then I realized I didn't include my own daughters! When I tried to "rectify" the situation and put more information in - the blog informed me I had too many 'characters'. Aarrgghh!!! We try to do something right, but no, we 'blow' it again. Sometimes it is a good idea to "Brace For Impact". You never know what's going to hit you!

Should we give up on trying to be a good influence? Should we tell ourselves that we've "been there, done that...and it didn't work?" No.

Why not?

I'll tell you tommorow.

No comments: