Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Influential Failure.

Oh great! So now I'm going to tell myself and everyone else about the importance of "taking it on the chin", reminding everyone that there is a "silver lining under every dark cloud"? As true as those things may me, they don't really help me. A long time ago, someone that I really looked up to said, "I wish I could just read the Bible...and then do it". We've all heard lots of things that sounded great, but hearing those things is one thing, incorporating it into your everyday life is quite another. I want to to tell you about my "Inside Out" theory, but for now I'd like to leave you with this excerpt from, "Holy Sweat" by Tim Hansel:

1831 He failed in business.
1832 He was defeated in legislature.
1833 He again failed in business.
1834 He was elected to the legislature.
1835 His wife-to-be died.
1836 He had a nervous breakdown.
1838 He was defeated for Speaker of the House.
1840 He was defeated for Elector.
1850 A son died.
1855 He was defeated for the Senate.
1856 He was defeated for Vice-President.
1858 He was defeated for the Senate.
1860 This man, Abraham Lincoln, was elected President.

An influential failure? You tell me. How did he do it? How have countless "failures" succeeded in life? Why didn't they give up?

I'll share with you my thoughts and what I've learned about this very thing...later.

Have a great day!

No comments: