Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dangerous Dilemma

When you think about it...since when is a dilemma not dangerous? Yes, there are various degrees of "dilemanation" - I'll grant cha that captain! So, hey, do you like my new word? Either changing meanings of existing words or coming up with new ones altogether is apparently all the rage these days. Dilemanation: Noun or verb. 1) The condition or state of being in a dilemma...as in, "Their dilemantion was a result of the dilemma they found themselves in.
2) The overwhelming dilemmas experienced in this country result in a "Dilemmanation". 3) verb: the act of causing a dilemma. "The dilemmantion of the country was deliberate.

Okay, okay... I had my silly fun for the day. But on the serious side. (Sometimes I hate that side) Anyway. I just thought I'd share with you the dangerous dilemma I find myself in. Well, here goes.

I'm overwhelmed by so much. My frozen shoulder can now be referred to as my frozen shoulders...as in both arms. I can't even get relief when I go to sleep at night. The mild case of poison oak has not gotten better. No, it's worse. Now I itch all over. It hurts to simply sit, because my neck is in pain. Hey I didn't say I was the pain in my neck...simply that I have a pain in my neck and it is non-stop. What else? Oh, I have been betrayed by many people. I won't say more on that. More? I don't want to bore you with more. But it is there. Believe me.

The point I want to make is that, speaking for myself, it is good to be vulnerable - but it is dangerous to live vulnerably. What I mean is that being vulnerable is good...but where do you draw the line between being vulnerable and being a victim? We'll talk about that in a future post. But for now, I want to acknowledge that when we are vulnerable it lets other people know they aren't alone...and that's a good thing. But it isn't an answer to any problem. What is? Tomorrow, we will talk about the solution to the...

Dangerous Dilemma

No comments: