Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Thanksgiving BLT ?

I was listening to K-Love last week and they landed on a topic that is very near and dear to my heart. Food. In particular...Thanksgiving food. I think it qualifies as my favorite time of the year for guilt-free eating. At least...I find it guilt free. It's like this. I figure there are 365 days in our average year.

There is only one Thanksgiving Day. How can I be thankful for food if I don't eat it?

Ya gotta admit. Eating on Thanksgiving makes perfect sense. Being thankful for the food we're eating makes even more sense. The moral of the story? Eat joyously!

Ahhh...Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean or asparagus casserole,cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and whatever other specialties you may avail yourself of in which to delight your palate...they are all there - waiting for you.

Or perhaps, as K-Love mentioned, during preparation time the bites, licks and tastes could actually be referred to as...

A Thanksgiving BLT !

No comments: