Monday, December 27, 2010

Is It Possible To... Muzzle a Puzzle?

Whatever can I be talking about now? Muzzle a puzzle? Surely, the only reasoning behind that "title" is that is that it rhymes?

Yes, this morning I was asking myself what I could share. I suppose you could say I was...puzzled. Then I looked up and saw the puzzle that began when one Christmas years ago, our daughters gave us a Thomas Kinkade puzzle...with puzzle glue. We put it together and a beautiful picture formed. My husband found an old frame that had seen better days in the trash on one of his morning walks. He painted it and after applying the puzzle glue to our new picture, we let it dry and fastened it to the newly painted construction that would act as a border. It was beautiful. Matter of fact, we ended up putting together another round Thomas Kinkade, gluing it and mounting it on a round piece of wood that I purchased for very cheap. My sister helped us paint and prepare the backing and "voila"...another Thomas Kincade "painting" in our price range! It is what I see every morning as I sit here.

The point? It's beautiful...but it began as a puzzle. Life is like that. Though it has the potential to be beautiful...in the beginning and possibly even now, it is a mass of puzzle pieces that are overwhelming and meaningless. Intuitively, many of us know that there is no way we can put the puzzle pieces of our lives together by ourselves.

Even if we are clever and do manage to create a "Thomas Kincade" from our lives, it won't last forever and it won't be "the real thing". The good news is that when Jesus was born and gave His life sacrificially for us, He began putting the pieces of our lives together again. God sent the Holy Spirit to work in His children's lives as He takes the myriads of odd shaped puzzle pieces and creates a beautiful masterpiece! Unfortunately, many of us won't let God into our lives. We try to put the puzzle pieces together on our own but the pieces in our lives are so many that discouragement can quickly find a home in our hearts. We not only do not want to put the puzzle together, we try to ignore the pieces all together in our misguided attempt to...

Muzzle the Puzzle.

No comments: